Here's a fascinating number, buried in a new Fox News poll.
By -3%, those who identify themselves with the tea party don't think Sarah Palin would make a good president. That's a shocking number, especially compared to the rest of the field.
Here it is -- the rating is whether tea partiers think the below candidate would make a good president.
1. Michele Bachmann: 59%/27% = +32%.
2. Rick Perry: 48/19% = +29%.
3. Herman Cain 41%/22% = +19%.
4. Mitt Romney 51%/37% = +14%.
5. Tim Pawlenty: 31%/28% = +3%.
6. Rick Santorum 26%/28% = -2%.
7. Sarah Palin 45%/48% = -3%.
8. Jon Huntsman 13%/32% = -19%.
9. Newt Gingrich 32%/56% = -24%.
Clearly, this isn't a biased sample of tea partiers, because check out Perry and Bachmann's scores. They're way up there.
Also, check out Huntsman. He's way down there, as expected.
This poll isn't measuring likeability, specifically (although that's often inextricably wedded) but instead, readiness to be president, and as we've seen for years, Palin doesn't score well there, even with those who like her.